Our experienced dentists and team provide composite dental fillings to repair and restore your teeth. These tooth-colored restorations blend in with your smile to give you beautiful results for years to come.
Composite fillings are made of a resin material that is matched to the color of your natural tooth. They are used to restore cavities or damaged teeth. Composite fillings are also used for cosmetic purposes to improve the appearance of your smile. Benefits of composite fillings include:
- Natural look: Because these fillings are tooth-colored, they can be matched to the color of your teeth. This makes them less noticeable than metal fillings.
- Durability: These dental restorations are strong and durable. They can last for many years with proper care.
- Repair: Used to repair cavities or cracks in teeth. This helps to prevent further damage to the tooth.
- Safety: Composite fillings are made of safe materials that are not harmful to your health.
- Affordable: These types of fillings are more affordable than other types of dental fillings.
The procedure for getting composite dental fillings is similar to the procedure for getting traditional metal fillings. First, we numb the area and then our dentists will remove the decayed or damaged tooth material and then place the composite filling in the cavity. After this is done, the filling will be shaped and polished to match your natural tooth.
After this is done, you may experience tooth sensitivity for one to two weeks. If you feel more pressure as you bite down, your filling may be longer than intended and you may need to come back in for our dentists and team to correct it.
Call Scordakis Family Dental at 916- 363-2374 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Peter Scordakis and Dr. Dina Wasileski and learn more about composite dental fillings in Sacramento, California.